Friday, 24 August 2007

Grrr...

You see this is the problem with the weather here in New Zealand. When I left for work yesterday morning I was layered up as you do down here. This involved long sleeved top, fleecey top and my nice brown puffa jacket. Last night when I got back here I realised that I'd forgotten to bring my dry cleaning (can't blame that on the weather). However, just now I've realised that I also forgot my jacket! You see it's cold in the mornings and evenings but during the day with the sun you normally need one layer less than you did setting out at the start of the day (unless there's a nice southerly blowing). And so I forgot to take jacket out of office. In Ireland that would result me in me going "holy shit" the minute I walked out in to the cold and so runnning back upstairs for jacket. Over here, it's only noticed when I think to myself, oh bit windy out there today... I'll wear my nice warm jacket. Ah yes, that would be the jacket hanging up with my dry cleaning in the office wouldn't it?!

No comments: