Saturday, 4 August 2007

No more apartment...

So today I said goodbye to my home of 5 years for at least the next 12 months. I have to admit that it was very odd doing that; I'm not sure that it's dawned on me that it's not my home anymore and that I'll have to get used to not sitting on my big comfy (very bad for your back) armchair and looking out glass doors at trees across the way. Thurs and Fri were a frenzy of cleaning and packing, moving, sorting. Mum came out on Thurs and did the bathroom and kitchen (incl cupboards... but not the oven!!!), windows, ledges etc and then on Fri my friend Va who's home on her holidays did all the vacuuming. Without their help I'd probably be still at it trying to get everything ready before tomorrow morning! So folks if you're reading this, a BIG thanks. And of course I'd also like to tahnk my agent and my....

Va and myself headed down to Avoca in Kilmacanogue for a late lunch yesterday afternoon and after stuffing ourselves with their scrumprious salads I was reminded that Va is a bit of a shopping fiend (well fiend might be a bit strong but she does like to have a nosey around). I don't like the clothes from Avoca actually. Honest. No, that beautiful brown skirt purchased there was not really purchased there. I'm sure of it. So what this means is that I'm really quite annoyed with Valerie as she made me break the "no more clothes shopping" embargo that I'd imposed on myself after my reckless last few weeks... did you know that Reiss had a sale on? :-)

I'm back with the folks for my remaining two weeks and I'm starting to think that it's going to be difficult for me to not pick up some of their quirkiness while I'm here... at least if what I've observed so far is anything to go by. If, Mum or Dad you are reading this, please note that I think a little bit of quirkiness is a good thing :-) And the dog is not happy with my presence. I walked in to TV room yesterday evening and there's Mum on her chair with her magazine and Dad with paper on his chair and the dog... well the dog (and she ain't bit) is spread out over the little 2 seater sofa. And she wasn't looking happy when I sat down. Not at all happy. Oh no. Oh yes, I'll be watching my back while I'm here!

No pictures yet as while I would still like a small digital camera there's so much choice out there but to get something inexpensive but that also takes decent pictures is tough :-( And one recommendation I did get is prob a bit more than i want to spend.. Then again as I write this... I mean I've already broken my no more clothes shopping embargo so...

No comments: