Wednesday, 29 August 2007

Well, so much for that!

I have no will power, that's all there is to it.
Books are expensive in New Zealand so before leaving Ireland I bought some books to ship down and didn't I go and join the library first thing last weekend?
And what did I do today at lunchtime? Visited Borders. Not just visited I purchased.
I can't pretend that it was a spur of the moment thing... I went in to that shop with intent. The intent to buy a book. And I did.
Well, I haven't actually taken anything out of the library yet, and no, it's not like I've finished my current book, but well, what if I did finish it before I got to the library?! I mean that would be terrible. I like to plan ahead (for the important things anyway :-) ) so I felt that it would be irresponsible if I didn't have a book at hand for when I finish this one.
I mean it's not like I intend to make a habit of this or anything. I absalutely have no intention of using the voucher I got which gives me 15% off next week. Honest. I swear.. Really....

Mountaineering club this evening... off to sign up for a 1 day walk in September. Thought I'd better get a few 1 day walks in before I kill myself with a weekend tramp carrying 20kg on my back.

And for anyone interested, the wine last night with dinner was really rather delish. Can't remember winery but it was 2005 Pinot Noir from Central Otago.
And my downfall from today.... The Wind-up Bird Chronicle (Haruki Murakami)

There was an eclipse here last night. I didn't actually see but one of the guys took some photos... one of which I was going to attach here but taking too long to upload. Will try again later!

6 comments:

elhamisabel said...

I think I could never live in a country that sells books for a lot of money. ;-))
I absolutely understand your downfall, though.

Anonymous said...

Very strong of you to only buy one book.I didn't know the eclipse was visible in NZ too. I think it entirely missed Europe.

Anonymous said...

It's only one book.We all do it.

Anonymous said...

It's only one book.We all do it.

Anonymous said...

t starts with only one book. It's called addiction. But yes, we all do it.

eefa said...

Re Eclipse: I think that some people did miss as clouds were moving quite fast. But seems Madhav managed ok as you can see from photo in later post or from some of his photos that I put up on flickr.