Friday, 23 November 2007

sorta packed...

All packed... or at least sort of. I'm heading off on my first tramp tomorrow morning. We're just doing a 1 nighter in the Tararuas staying at a hut overnight. I did an inital pack of the rucksack earlier on but as we haven't done dinner food shop yet I'll almost definitely be unpacking and repacking once we divvy up food and whatever other shared stuff we have to bring. Not even sure what other stuff we have to bring if we're in a hut. Not too much hopefully!

Looking forward to this but slightly nervous as well I guess! Not sure what weather will be like but no really bad weather forecast. Could be a bit windy. Oh, and I haven't been on a hike since May so could be interesting to see how much my fitness has been affected! Wondering how my back will behave.. it's been consistently sore today and on Weds. Went to a pilates class last night and got some relief for rest of yesterday evening. This has been going on for over 4 weeks now and I'm not sure if it's getting any better. Well, I know that it's not but not sure what to do about that. Unfortunately the physio doesn't know why either. I don't, or at least rarely, sit on a couch these days either! Well, I've been told that tramping will help my back... here's hoping :-)

Will update you next week...

No comments: