Saturday, 28 June 2008

Windy out there...

Oh... maybe I won't be taking the camera out for a walk today. Admittedly listening to the wind howling outside at 4am this morning I did wonder what I should expect when I woke up again this morning. Well, not a lot of anything good it seems! Rain and lots of wind out there so I thought I'd check forecast to see if it was going to clear up later. Nope. In fact severe weather warnings have been issued:
SEVERE GALE SOUTHERLIES AND FURTHER HEAVY RAIN FOR WELLINGTON AND
WAIRARAPA UNTIL EVENING

STRONG WIND WARNING WELLINGTON AND COASTAL WAIRARAPA : Southerly gales are expected through to this evening, before easing. The winds are likely to reach severe gale between 8am and 6pm today, with gusts of 130 km/h, especially about exposed hill tops.

Nice he? Guess I'll watch some more Prime Suspect then! And combine that with some more lazing...

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

hey glad yo are back with us. sorry about the weather. Love the BBC DVD's have a set of my own but leatn themto someone need to get them back ideal for a good night in especially with some ice cream or goodies to much on!