Thursday, 5 June 2008

Writers Block: Funniest Thing Ever....

A bunch of my friends back home post on Live Journal which is more of a community based setup than blogger. Personally I prefer blogger as I just like to keep ye up to date on the interesting and not so interesting events in my life. However, when I post here on blogger I normally post on LJ with my post just being a link to the blogger entry. LJ have a daily thing called Writers Block where they ask a question with general question where anybody can post a comment. When I logged in the other day I read that days Writers Block and thought I'd answer, and well I think some of my blogger readers might find this amusing too so here goes...

Out of all the funny things that have ever happened to you, which experience still cracks you up?


In between visits to national parks in Africa in 2000 we paid a visit to a sanctuary for old and injured lions. There was one enclosure that had this rather moth bitten old lion who was a permanent resident of the sanctuary as there was no way he'd survive if they released him back in to the wild. I went right up to the edge to watch this guy and was thrilled when he started to slowly amble over. About 2 feet from the fence he just turned around. I assumed he wasn't that interested and was about to walk off. What I didn't realise was that what he was really thinking was 'Oh great, another one!!!" and he promptly released a jet of pee out through fence that managed to get me in the face (seriously!) and down my torso and arms.

Actually as I write this I'm not sure I find it funny rather than cringeworthy! But having said that, the others in my group thought it was hysterical so I guess it was funny :) I mean seriously, how many people can honestly say that they've been marked by a lion??


And as I pointed out in a response to a comment made
After it happened one of the guys who works there said to me, "Oh yeah, he does that all the time to people"!!! Wouldn't you think they'd have mentioned that in advance of the event rather than after!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

what a fantastic story! i am sure you and your friends have the image etched in your minds forever!

eefa said...

Funnily enough I'd actually forgotten about it! It was only when I started thinking about the Writers Block question that I remembered it :)