Thursday, 30 October 2008

eeuughhh

A hectic busy day at work especially this afternoon. At points I was literally running from person A to person B to meeting C to meeting D. And weirdly I thoroughly enjoyed it... last time I had a day like this was in early-mid August. Luckily my climbing partner was unable to climb this evening (unfortunately she is not well) as I didn't get out of the office until well gone 6pm.

Then home to get ingredients for banana cake for "morning tea" in work tomorrow. This seems to be a Kiwi thing, or at least an ACC thing... we have two people leaving tomorrow - one for good, the other on extended maternity leave so we're having a morning tea where you bring in "home baked" stuff! Every other time I've bought something but I thought I'd try to make some banana cake tonight. Here's what I learnt...
1. Don't forget to add the eggs
2. A casserole dish will not do in place of a proper mixing bowl when you're using an electric whisk and there's flour involved.. and you forgot to add the eggs
3. Don't forget to add the sugar

So it's in the oven now but I'll be somewhat surprised if this is something that i can actually bring in to serve to other people tomorrow!!!

Looking forward to the weekend - my mate is up from Christchurch, I have my photography field class and hopefully we'll get some climbing in too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*bwahahahahaha* I now have this vision of you covered in flour!!

The "home baked" idea is a lovely one. We have the same thing but it is shop bought, and likely full of preservatives, whereas home baked would be much better for you.

Anonymous said...

I can only agree with you on the eggs. I did it once and the dough was so hard, I couldn't figure why. So I added more than enough extra milk only to realise that the eggs were still in the fridge when I put back the milk bottle... ;-)

eefa said...

Well the flour was not over me so much as everything else! But it could have been worse... I was at least suspicious that this might occur so had casserole dish lid handy! And I did remember the eggs before adding the other ingredients. The sugar was remembered (i.e. I saw the cup of pre-measured sugar) after I'd put the mix in to the tin to go in the oven... End result is edible.. I think...

Kathleen said...

I'm thinking a trip to by a mixing bowl is required! As long as it is edible thats all that matters, believe me i have made so many things that weren't!