Friday, 17 October 2008

Not what I had in mind...

Not impressed at all. Had somewhat fretful sleepless night as bit worried about keeping up with hike today. Up at 7:35am. Packed. Big breakfast. Out door and boots on in plenty of time. Quite nice outside (nasty weather not due until after lunch). And before I get to exit of building left hurting with each step. Alot. On top of foot up to ankle. Get outside, flex it a bit. Hurts. Relace and think I'll walk to bus stop at least to see how it works. Don't make it as far as bus stop. Back to apartment. Phone Amanda. Eh, Amanda, my foot hurts. With each step. Whether it's still tender/bruised from last weekend I don't know but well, there you go, that's my Saturday day hike. I'm actually really disappointed because even though I was not looking forward to the weather this avo I've been looking forward to the hike itself since Sept when I found out about it. I thought it would be a good way for me to focus on NZ terrain which is little difficult to back home without having to worry about being off balance because of overnight gear on my back. Hmm... Well going to try out my new running shoes now... see if foot/shoes any better behaved.

Grumble grumble

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

sorry it didn't work out. Good luck witht he running shoes.

eefa said...

The annoying thing is/was is that these boots aren't new! I mean I was wearing them on 2 day tramp last weekend! I can only assume that ankle still not ready to be put back in boot (it was pretty sore by end of last Sun evening). Anyway, run went okay thanks :) And I spent rest of the day abusing my credit card to make myself feel better!