Tuesday, 11 November 2008

Not looking good

So, tomorrow evening is the 5km corporate challenge run that I put my name down for about 4 weeks ago. I'm not a runner but I thought I'd try try running as a way of getting fit. I'd heard that the best way of starting running is to do intervals - walk, run, walk, run etc. So, I did a bit of a google and found the podrunner intervals podcast and decided that I'd start on the First Day to 5km podcast series which is meant to get you running 5km from scratch in 9 weeks. Now therein you may see the flaw... 9 weeks, yet I don't have 9 weeks. So, I've been giving it a go and wasn't finding it too hard until I hit week 4... and I'm finding it hard now. I was out on Saturday and I went out again this evening and my legs felt like lead! Not boding well for tomorrow is it? Oh well... at least the weather looks like it'll be good :) Wish me luck!

No comments: