Thursday, 18 December 2008

Been a while...

since I've posted. Not sure that this is going to be particularly long/interesting either.

Had a great birthday last weekend. I love opening birthday cards and each of the ones that i received from my sisters and parents were addressed slightly differently which amused me. Lovely presents too... I'm very much looking forward to my Deluxe Facial in my favourite beauty salon in Wellington (favourite but not most visited as they ain't cheap!) But what really made me laugh was the sound track to Mamma Mia. I laughed my whole way through that movie and the sound track is definitely something to listen to if you want a need cheering up and/or a laugh. I found myself singing along to it last night! I was a little surprised with myself but for someone with a voice as bad as me, it's maybe helpful that they're all far from brilliant singers :)

We headed up to Karori Wildlife Sanctuary to enjoy the sun and take a few photos. To be honest it was pretty disastrous for me on the photography front... as can be observed by the rather few piccies that i posted on flickr. Whether it was my struggling with new lens or just being too slow I don't know. Who knows, maybe I'll have better luck next time :)

This week, my last 5 working days, before flying back to Ireland have been unbelievably busy. So much for the pre-Christmas slow down. Monday was just horrible, Tues a bit better but not much, Weds I started to get things under control and today I'm v busy but *think* I have everything under control before I head away. Tomorrow morning is full of meetings though... week before Christmas? Sure it's great to be popular. Go figure...

Anyway, I have the suitcase out on the floor. I have some stuff sitting in it but won't pack properly until tomorrow evening. I have this weird thing where jeans need to go at bottom of case or near bottom and well, I'll be wearing them tomorrow so not starting. I'm looking at "hand luggage" pile spread across the table here and thinking that maybe I won't be bringing my Macbook with me after all. There's alot of stuff!

Okay, that's it. I'm tired (actually I'm exhausted) so think it'll be an hour of some CSI Miami (it's ridiculous; I love it :) ) and prob bed with book.

And in case I don't get to post before Christmas, Happy Christmas to anybody who I won't see before the 25th...

No comments: